The Write It Out series serves as an opportunity for us all to explore our creative writing in a supportive and collaborative environment. Each month I will share a prompt along with my writing inspired by it, then invite you to participate. For this month, write about loneliness.
That damn siren.
That damn jackhammer.
Solitude is supposed to be silent,
or just filled up with the sounds I choose to create-
The moon’s sonata or Madonna’s revolver.
I have been craving alone time for a while now
But not lonely alone time.
I can clean, cook, and clean again.
I can dust, cough, and vacuum.
I could sit in quiet if
that damn jackhammer
But I suppose it’s good for me to have something
Far off, away from me
To focus on if I get too pulled into myself.
I am very curious to read what you come up with from this month’s prompt and remember, you don’t have to write a poem. You can write anything you want: a short story, a long poem, free prose, etc. If you do write something, make sure you link up. See the details below:
- write from this month’s prompt and post on your blog
- submit your post below where it says “click here to enter”
- use the graphic I created for your post (if you want to)
- use the hashtag #writeitout3 on social media to promote your post
- encourage your readers to take part, too!